Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Evening in Monteverde

Lunch was at our hotel. I had a really good chicken sandwich with bacon and avocado; Brian had a hamburgesa sin queso. The bus that was trapped under the power lines stopped at our hotel for lunch, so I told the tourist hero (who stood on top of the bus) that I would send him the photos I took. I commended him for his efforts.

We were supposed to go on a night hike this evening, but our guide called our hotel room and told us he had car trouble and wouldn't make it on time. We rescheduled for tomorrow evening. Instead, we drove a few minutes into town. After circling the block, we found the car park and then used the ATM for the first time. The exchange rate here is crazy: one dollar is over 550 colones, so it felt like we pulled out millions from the machine. Despite the complex hike yesterday, Brian chose to roll his ankle falling off one of the few existing sidewalks in CR. Luckily, he was able to walk it off.

We walked through a few souvenir shops, but we didn't find anything to purchase. Dinner was at the Tree House restaurant. The roof is actually the leaves of a giant tree. Brian kept getting dripped on, since it was raining a little. I had a ginormous trough of nachos, pineapple juice, and a Pilsen. 

It is 7:52, and Brian is trying to fall asleep. I frequented the hotel's coffee bar for free coffee and chocolate cake at about 4pm, so I'm up for awhile. 

Tomorrow we are flying on ziplines, walking on suspension bridges, and seeing butterflies. In the evening, we will have our night hike. It's a good thing Brian didn't hurt his ankle that bad, because I'm not carrying him.

No comments:

Post a Comment