We got a huge plate of fruit to start breakfast and fresh squeezed strawberry juice. I had the Costa Rican style breakfast with scrambled eggs, black beans and rice, cheese, tomato, and fried plantains. To no surprise, Brian had the American breakfast.
We left with our guide, Norton, and Viktor, a tourist from Belgium. Norton may have lost one of his eyes, but he could spot animals like crazy. On our several hour boat ride, we saw two-toed sloths, iguanas, monkeys, butterflies, and also mosquitos. I am sad to say that the Costa Rican bugs think I'm tasty, but I don't feel compelled to itch them compulsively, like Brian.
My favorite thing about the tour was watching the monkeys swing wildly through the trees. We saw a Capuchin monkey up close.
When we returned, we showered off layers of sunblock and bed repellent and headed to the hotel's restaurant for lunch. Brian was scared of the veggies in his chicken wrap.
At this point, we were happy we traded in our kayaking adventure for massages. The woman came to our hotel cabin an d set up some blankets on the tile. We each had good 45 minute massages. I am typing this blog entry from the hammock as Brian is getting his giant head massaged.
I need to find the bug spray. There don't appear to be bugs here, but something has caused the giant welts on the back of my neck. One bite is right by the citronella wristband. That mozzie was mocking me.
It's a lazy day...
No comments:
Post a Comment