Our bus came at 8am to take us to Selvatura Park. The road was steep and exceptionally bumpy. I think Brian was happy to not drive this route.
When we got to Selvatura, we collected our tickets and then walked over the 12 suspension hanging bridges. We could overlook the cloud forest canopy. We saw lots of vegetation, but not really any animals. We did quite a bit of walking...most of it was in solitude, and it felt like we were all alone in CR again.
Our next adventure was getting outfitted for the zipline. After acquiring our helmets, gloves, and harness, we boarded a bus to take us up the mountain...again, more awesome roads. Overall, we did 17 ziplines. The scary part for me is climbing up to the platforms. I'm okay if I'm hooked on to something, but I don't like ledges when I'm not strapped on to something. On the last line, we flew 1000 meters, and Brian and I were strapped together...we needed the extra weight to get to the other side, so everyone rode tandem.
We quickly joined the butterfly tour, so we didn't have to wait another hour. It is hard to capture the elusive blue butterflies, and we took a million pictures.
Returning to the hotel at 2pm, we ate lunch (I had fish tacos), and now we are relaxing in our room.
Tonight we have our guided tour...
No comments:
Post a Comment